ikoN

Upcoming Changes

85 posts in this topic

Hello :Ross:

Towards the end of the month I will be retiring from any responsibility I have with Gmod, and I will also be closing MG. ADTR and I started MG 4 and a half years ago and it is crazy to see it go for so long. 

When this happens ph33x will launch a new community, and will continue to host the current RP, Sandbox and other servers under this new name. ph33x has been preparing for this in the lead up so that there will be a seamless transition for everyone when it happens. I am sure ph33x has many big plans for this, such as more servers and expanding to other games. I feel this is the best option to allow the community to move forward and expand. 

If you have any questions about this transition and what will happen after, it is best to speak to ph33x. Any donations this month will be going to ph33x to pay for future dedicated server bills. There is no major intention by ph33x to change staff around. I will also be leaving the MG site up for a few months, possibly in read only mode, after this happens.

I will make a better farewell/thank you post when the time comes. I just wanted to give everyone the heads up on what will be happening. 

Cheers everyone
ikoN~ 

tldr; MG brand/site will be closing, ph33x will continue community under new name end of month.

Been a good server man, been here since the early years of when this first started and it will be odd to see it gone.

Thanks for all the fun time and the opportunity to be a mod for a short time.

All the best in your future.

Fuck it was great while it lasted, I shall hold a funeral for Monumental Gaming when it is closer to the time I think, on a far grander scale than the TS, Rust and TTT funeral, if the Koon and MG are going, they'll be going in style. I look forward to seeing MG's future under ph33x's ownership and I have high hopes for it.

Cheers for absolutely everything ikoN, it was a blast.

Fuck, RIP MG.

It's actually been sick though, and you've accomplished a fuck ton man, be proud of that.

Farewell, and goodluck with whatever your future holds.

rip coon :Issac:

It has been an evident coming, sadly it had to come to end at some time, luckily ph33x can continue and expand the community further. 

Farewell and all the best in the future ikoN. 

It hurts that MG has to end, but your legacy will continue to thrive under the new community.

RIP in pieces coon, you'll always be remembered as the one who began one of the greatest gaming communities to ever exist.

It's a bitter sweet moment in disguise. Monumental has played a big part in my online time spent over the past few years and through that I've met some great friends. For many of you this may be your first serious gaming community. The community ikoN has created has allowed you to foster relationships that span between games, often outside of games altogether. That is what makes Monumental special. Not the name, but the group of people within that make it what it is.

Being a bit older and doing this stuff as an enthusiast since the 90's, I can tell you how truly important any community of people are. Most of us here would agree that ikoN has done a great service, volunteering his time and sinking substantial amounts of money into making a successful platform for us to enjoy ourselves on. I met you all through what was once just a kernel of his actions. I didn't know what lua was before I came here. I didn't know how to change from the rope tool before I came here.

I don't want any of this to die out, splitting out into different games and things. Why can't we do that still? With the TLC I know a lot of you possess, we can together grow something new, a place befitting for us all. People want to step up to the plate and this will become more apparent as time goes on.

Fear not the day you will come on to find everything wiped out. I, no, we, will continue the legacy ikoN has so hearting placed upon us all. A place to go of a day and enjoy yourself for little to no cost. I would also like to quickly reach out to the regulars and donators who through their own enjoyment, promote and assist us with every dollar and minute ever spent. Thank you.

Big things on the horizon for those with faith and patience. Like little boats in the sea, all we need is a slipway to guide us back to the channel of digital salvation.

7afLHxt.png

Honestly this truly has been a heartwarming and it has been a fun ride hopefully feaks will still carry on the legacy of the coon & MG.

Youve been such a cool guy to talk to i think youve accomplished so much and i am so happy from all the work youve put in, you made everyone enjoy thhe gaming community of MG.

Churs for everything iKoN may you have a bright and amazing future

Thanks 

~BoomStick aka BroomStck aka Broomcupboard

Been a fucken blast here since I've joined.

41/2  Years.

Done a damn well done job with the servers and community. Totally shattered to see it close.

~Peace ikoN and ADTR~

Posted (edited)

Been a fucking blast cunt. Early 2014, good run for a good 4 years. Sad to see this go.

Edited by Captain

Jeez so many good memories of MG, from when I joined on Evilmelon and we had Scars, I had a Bugatti Veyron and I remember auto gun shops being a novel thing and no one knowing how to build them. Another wonderful thing was meeting amazing people, When I first met Carlos Garcia he didn't know how to wire or build and I had to teach him :P. Some other amazing people that I remember include many of the old staff and old players that have left the community now. MG has changed so much over its time, I remember when it was legal to have one wide KOS tunnels with one-way props and small windows. I'm really gonna miss MG as I spent a lot of my childhood growing up playing it, so so so many good memories, from sneaking down from my room back into the lounge at midnight to come on and play, to when I first got Mod. It's been an amazing time and MG will always have a place in my heart, Thank you so much ikoN for forming this community and keeping it up as long as you have it has been a great ride. If my computer had not been reset I would insert all my old photos from MG in here.

Cheers its been great.

Is everyone's up-votes to say a glad goodbye or glad to see him go goodbye?

I was very late to the piece, glad to see it maintained, glad to be apart of the staff for a short while, great to see things return, sad to see things go. I hope ph33x is going to be ok running the show...Take it easy Lord ikoN and we want to see you come and visit on a "here to play" visit.

Btw, ph33x, mate:

15 minutes ago, ph33x said:

It's a bitter sweet moment in disguise. Monumental has played a big part in my online time spent over the past few years and through that I've met some great friends. For many of you this may be your first serious gaming community. The community ikoN has created has allowed you to foster relationships that span between games, often outside of games altogether. That is what makes Monumental special. Not the name, but the group of people within that make it what it is.

Being a bit older and doing this stuff as an enthusiast since the 90's, I can tell you how truly important any community of people are. Most of us here would agree that ikoN has done a great service, volunteering his time and sinking substantial amounts of money into making a successful platform for us to enjoy ourselves on. I met you all through what was once just a kernel of his actions. I didn't know what lua was before I came here. I didn't know how to change from the rope tool before I came here.

I don't want any of this to die out, splitting out into different games and things. Why can't we do that still? With the TLC I know a lot of you possess, we can together grow something new, a place befitting for us all. People want to step up to the plate and this will become more apparent as time goes on.

Fear not the day you will come on to find everything wiped out. I, no, we, will continue the legacy ikoN has so hearting placed upon us all. A place to go of a day and enjoy yourself for little to no cost. I would also like to quickly reach out to the regulars and donators who through their own enjoyment, promote and assist us with every dollar and minute ever spent. Thank you.

Big things on the horizon for those with faith and patience. Like little boats in the sea, all we need is a slipway to guide us back to the channel of digital salvation.

7afLHxt.png

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a Hitler-type speech

Its been crazy to see this community grow in my time playing, and I'm sure it will continue to do so in the future. To ikoN, ADTR and all the staff and players who have helped shape monumental into what it is; thankyou. From the people on monumental alone, I've learned to build awesome, advanced stuff and use wiremod in ways I could never hope to imagine. MG has allowed us to collaborate, share, build, create, learn and do so much more together, on garrysmod, the forums and on other games. It's a place for anybody to come on to, to learn and to become a part of a greater community. Its been great fun, and I'm sure that it's not over.

I bet everyone of us remembers when we were new. This would be a very big bookmark in my history of gaming.

Thanks ikoN for all your services!

Truly a kickass community I think we will all never forget.

I remember starting in prophunt loving making new friends and becoming a regular. 

When I found the forums, I disappeared from prophunt and found deathrun. My new love. If any OG prophunters still out there - My IGN back then was 'zebras' then when I started donating and really getting into the community it was Donkeys(TM). 

In deathrun there were a fuck loads of laughs, with terrible staff, #Midget4Mod, Ownage in general, admins going AFK while mods were only on, that Yolo_Swaggings guy that lead on to get manager. :laugh:

Thanks to everyone for making it so awesome, and good luck to ph33x on the new community.

I originally came on this server (back in 2013) Too minge and fuck around with people, (Mainly Ownage bcus he was a cunt) Now i find myself back here however many years later.

Thanks for all the great memories and opportunities throughout the years, being Mod on DarkRP, and also TTT.

All these years and i have only ever heard ikoN's voice once, Dr.Seuss messaged me on steam telling me to get on the Monumental Rust server if I wanted to hear ikoN's voice because he was using his mic in game. (The most excited I've ever seen Seuss)

Cheers mate. Looking forward to the future.

Stated playing Deathrun around February 2016 until May 2016, where I then left for 7 months, met some good friends from this time that I still regularly talk to and play with. Also if anyone remembers me back then my name was MISR * Magic, lol. Then I came back December 2016 and created a long lasting addiction to deathrun.

Thanks to ikoN and ADTR for making fucking amazing servers, will never forget all the fun times I've had on these servers. 

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. As I said I will make a proper post thanking everyone when the time comes.

14 minutes ago, nuttertools said:

Take it easy Lord ikoN and we want to see you come and visit on a "here to play" visit.

I will pop by every now and then to see how everyone is going :naughty:

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ikon ! for a wonderful 4 years ~

botmmemetoystory.jpg

EDIT: i can picture IkoN being like this Lmao.

Edited by Pie Hunter ✨

27 minutes ago, ikoN said:

I will pop by every now and then to see how everyone is going :naughty:

Should have your own ranking on @ph33x servers, something to remember you by when you turn up out of the blue.