JDKingofworlds

JDKingofworlds mod application

Posted (edited)

Moderator Application

General Information:

In Game Name(List all known aliases): JDKingofworlds

SteamID / Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JDKingofworlds - STEAM_0:1:94113967

Do you have a mic? If so, how often do you use it often: As of recent i haven't been using it but sometimes I do sometimes I don't

Total Garrys Mod time played: 947 hours 

Total time played on this server: 2 weeks 3 days 11 hours and 10 min

Which Monumental servers do you usually play on? only sandbox

Have you had any previous administration experience: no

What's the capital of Ecuador: Quito

Theory: [*]A person spawns and starts prop pushing everyone around the map. What do you do: Teleport to said player as soon as I am informed, if i don't see him doing it I will watch him for about 2 min, if I did see him doing it jail him then try to convince him what he was doing was wrong and to go build do something constructive, if he still resists I will give him three chances (warnings) depends on the how much he was prop pushing before kicking him.

[*]Two players call you over and accuse each other of minging that you didn't witness. What do you do: Ask others around if they saw it happening, either way i would monitor them, once I stop monitoring them if I hear it again i will jail both of them and ask them what is happening if they both blurt out minge to each other i would tell them to stop and because i didn't know who did, i would tell them to separate and to do there own thing, if i hear reports from other players again that one of them was minging then I would monitor that player again if i saw the player minging again I would kick that player.

[*]A player joins and starts threatening to crash the server, what do you do: freeze him so he cant crash the server while i'm typing a ban for him.

Why do you want to be Moderator: Its sad seeing a player that's clueless and thinks Gmod is about minging, i want to set players like that straight so they can have some fun on our server and others can too, and for those players that refuse to listen to staff the ones where no matter how hard we try to convince them what there doing is wrong for them to be removed to others can continue building or continue what ever they where doing unless there minging.

Have you ever been banned from Monumental's servers before? no.

Add extra comments that you think should be included if need be: "Stop the minge!"

Signature: James

Edited by JDKingofworlds
polish, changed some stuff to improve it.

1 hour ago, JDKingofworlds said:

[*]A person spawns and starts prop pushing everyone around the map. What do you do: Teleport to said player as soon as I am informed, if i don't see him doing it ill ask others then watch him, if i did jail him and tell him off give him 1 2 3 warnings depends on how much he was prop pushing before kicking him

If you rely on what others have said, it may lead to miscommunication or an unwarranted punishment. It is best to spectate the player in question and/or check the logs. Also, what would you do if the player came back after you kicked him? 

[*]Two players call you over and accuse each other of minging that you didn't witness. What do you do: Ask other around if they saw it happining, if someone more than one person saw I would warn him, if not monitor them for a bit if once I leave if I hear it again i will jail the said player and tell him firmly to stop or be kicked then after another 2 warnings kick him.

You cannot be 100% sure that the users will have gotten it right or be telling the truth, I would recommend to see and assess the incident for yourself before punishing someone. Again, what would you do if the player returned and continued to minge? 

[*]A player joins and starts threatening to crash the server, what do you do: tp and jail him tell him if you do ill kick you and if you come back again 2 times a short ban if he does ill follow through with what i said.

This would be a permanent ban. Threatening to crash the server is very serious and could result in damage or data loss.

There were also a few spelling/grammatical errors, which I have highlighted in blue.

Posted (edited)

Alrighty lets have a look here. 

6 hours ago, JDKingofworlds said:

Let's see a steam ID here as'well as it makes it much easier for us to identify you. (personally steam ID's should be mandatory)

Theory: [*]A person spawns and starts prop pushing everyone around the map. What do you do: Teleport to said player as soon as I am informed, if i don't see him doing it ill ask others then watch him, if i did jail him and tell him off give him 1 2 3 warnings depends on how much he was prop pushing before kicking him
[*]Two players call you over and accuse each other of minging that you didn't witness. What do you do: Ask other around if they saw it happining, if someone more than one person saw I would warn him, if not monitor them for a bit if once I leave if I hear it again i will jail the said player and tell him firmly to stop or be kicked then after another 2 warnings kick him.

Unfortunately m8 people are not going to watch them for you, they are going to complain a 2nd time round to you for not doing something about it. You need to at least spectate them for 2 mins after he/she/they have been accused of such.

================================================================================================

What do you think Telling him off will do?. Yes you must address the issue with the player but telling him off will send the wrong message. (trust me, experience) Instead approach the offender calm and with a steady mind. Be friendly to him, don't oppress him. You want to convince the player that their actions were lets say not the best of choices. Welcome him to the sandbox server and recommend some things that he could do like build a car, plane, building, Ect... When we play the game of minds we must not 'Assume' that this/these players are immediately minges but merely misguided new comers. Their steam playtime will tell the difference and if they're being a smart ass, play your cards carefully. Keep the steady minded approach and maybe the player will feel guilty for being a dick. For newbies and ass hats maybe get them to read the rules a 2nd time if they were lazy to read them the first time.

================================================================================================

3 warnings is an excellent practice as you give the player chances to conform. I go with 5 steps, 1st, 2nd, 3rd warning(jail discussion),  4th a kick and 5th a 2 week or 2 month ban. (we both know what comes after given no one should have to perm ban :( .)

Yes it's great that you inform the player that his/her/their recent actions are depreciated, but do not inform him that you are going to spectate him if you do.

As Nora addressed you need to be careful what information you take into account. Analyse the situation and make a decisive judgement and work out compromises where someone is clearly pouring the :steam salty:

Don't spare the player a ban after they've been kicked. A kick is to be served as a final warning when previous warnings have been ignored

[*]A player joins and starts threatening to crash the server, what do you do: tp and jail him tell him if you do ill kick you and if you come back again 2 times a short ban if he does ill follow through with what i said.

Nononononono. A server threat is a server threat. When someone threatens to crash the server show no mercy. They have clearly come onto the server with the sole intention of carrying out their idiotic task. Best thing to do is either Freeze them or spare the trouble and kick them immediately! I would personally Freeze them and attempt to reason with them, then you'll definitely know if they're more trouble than they're worth. Jailing them will still allow them to spawn and interact with the world.

If they succeed in doing this then it is a permanent ban by the servers standards.

Why do you want to be Moderator: Im honestly sick of minges and want to let people have fun.

Is this all you wish to offer?? I'm sure i could pick a rabbit out of a hat that would do just that. And yes many people are sick of minges we all want them gone, But the issue is that some of those minges are merely just misguided players that don't know how to play the game. That is something we should all provide is the will to help the community grow. With like minded builders that share similar interests and talents. What would you want the moderator to do if he was about to swing the ban hammer at you! Think about it. Like i said, some of us are just misguided and need a little hand holding to get us on the right path.

Add extra comments that you think should be included if need be: "Stop the minge!"

I'm sure we all want to.

Please also include every link to all of your previous Monumental moderator applications (this applies to all servers, include deathrun/sledbuild/otherwise applications)
-
-
-

Agreement:
By completing this application you agree to have read the rules thoroughly and understand them clearly, you understand if any rules are broken whilst your application is being reviewed during the 2 week review time your application may void and risk being denied or removed. You understand that by submitting your application you are committing to monumental gaming and swear to always do the best thing for the community/server. You MUST understand the rules clearly and MUST following them, this cannot be stressed enough for potential mods. You agree if you ever nagg/winge/pester admin/mods to look at your application or to give you mod/admin, your application will be denied.
You have read the agreement and understand the conditions of submitting your application.

Get rid of this if you don't have anything to fill in. It just adds more clutter to a clean application.

Rightyo those are just some things for you to work on. Bare in mind yes some of the points addressed are heavily opinionated but the standard is relatively the same.

Other than that man your application is much appreciated and all the best to be accepted onto the team. 

Edited by MaliceMurdock

thanks for informing me, ill change it next week maybe sooner (probably sooner). :gmod:

You a free to change it anytime! Heads up, Bump your application every seven days after the last post. This means updating your application time data. Every bump you do, make a post on this thread 'bump'.

'Bump' App Updated

'Bumperino'

'Bump'

'Running out of Ideas'

Cheerio!

JD this is a poor ethic you have displayed on the sandbox server. Birdie told me everything and i was telling him exactly what to do. Very poor example and will recieve my down vote -1

Banned 16/07/2017 : http://monumentalgaming.net/bans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:94113967&advType=steamid&Submit

Agreement:
By completing this application you agree to have read the rules thoroughly and understand them clearly, you understand if any rules are broken whilst your application is being reviewed during the 2 week review time your application may void and risk being denied or removed. You understand that by submitting your application you are committing to monumental gaming and swear to always do the best thing for the community/server. You MUST understand the rules clearly and MUST following them, this cannot be stressed enough for potential mods. You agree if you ever nag/winge/pester admin/mods to look at your application or to give you mod/admin, your application will be denied.
You have read the agreement and understand the conditions of submitting your application.

Application denied.