Posted (edited)

Ban Appeal

In Game Name: Warlock Greg

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:189217395

Server you were banned on: DarkRP

When were you banned: Friday 1:52pm 

How long you were banned for: Permenately

Admin that banned you: Bobara

What happened: I joined the session, 45 minutes later I wanted to be a Police Officer, I was cruising down the street when I came across a building being destroyed from the inside out. I come over the a guy holding a AK, I take necessary precautions and I stunned him. As I go to handcuff this particular player, I was killed by his gang. Next thing I know, I am banned, an admin did not come to me, did not tell me what I did wrong. I was just permanently banned. 

Why you think you should be unbanned: I believe I should be unbanned because I enjoy playing on this DarkRP server. I have donated twice because I love it, I have been a tiny bit mingy and I will admit it but I have not threatened to DDOS the server at all. Why would I do that to a server that I donate to. I admit to my actions and I have learnt the consequences for them. I had more than a few drinks last night, I should've gotten off earlier. Been dealing with my depressive mother after her mum grandma passed. So I have been drinking a lot. But I will stop when I play monumental Gaming

46709321-wallpaper-gaming.jpg

Edited by Warlock

Your Ban states the following reason:

DDOS Threats | RDM | NLR Arrest | Minge | Bobara

Look he was being a total fuckhead but he does not deserve a permanent maybe a 2 day or even 1 day he didn't make DDOS Threats he was joking and it was to me not anyone else or the server so no one should of gotten involved (I KNOW I PM"D AN ADMIN ABOUT IT BUT HE MSG"D ME SAYING IT WAS JUST BANTER SO I SAID ALRIGHT) The NLR Arrest was also some banter between the 3 of us Me Warlock and Jimmy John, The RDM Was another example of friendly banter between the 3 of us the only reason i complained is because i was so frustrated at other shit.

Over All it was all banter and none of it was actually real RP and he played only 1 hour and donated because he see's how good the server is he enjoys it very much and i would appreciate at it to at least decrease his ban to a day or 2. 

Thanks Black Jesus

(delete if out of line)

One lesson for all to learn from this (no matter if he said it or didn't):

The !motd states instant permaban if DOS or DDOS or hacking is mentioned. Even if it wasn't mentioned seriously, the value this has is that the server is at a major risk if anything of it comes up. It's illegal, it's immoral for hackers to do so, and more so, it risks the security and runtime of the server. The only precaution is to eliminate. Standard monitoring procedure: if DOS/DDOS comes up, eliminate threat. Otherwise there is a massive risk to all in the server as well as the server.

Please do NOT even joke about DDOS. Or say it out of context. They have to maintain the server and protect it.

Banter breaking nearly every major rule we harbour? I think not. If you want to break some rules go somewhere else where they embrace minges like you.

"I had more than a few drinks last night, I should've gotten off earlier."

This says it all. Have fun, be an arse, just don't be full blown abusive.

If there are words like 'ddos' doing around, perm bans go around with it. I don't have the time to look through this right now, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you back on.

Unbanned.

Sorry for this late delay in posting, I was busy the day you posted the appeal. I'm posting now because I thought the post was locked for further replies.

But anyway, you were banned permanently for DDOS threat/joke. You had RDM killed a player and then threatened his buddy to DDOS them. When asked in the sit you admitted it (in a joking matter) then stated you didn't admit it. The player you threatened then made a remark to DDOS you back. Eventually Riiloo (who was mainly taking the sit) warned both player in question severely if they broke any other rule/threatened a DDOS they would be banned.

I started to spectate you, it was possible you could pull another threat. You went back to minging and interrupting some certain player's raid. Eventually they just killed you. After that you switched jobs to secret service, broke NLR and tried to arrest both players once the raid had finished (they were not breaking any laws at that time).

The ban was originally going to be 2-3 days however other staff recommended a permanent ban due your previous threats.

Seeing that you're unbanned, I advise caution. If you are seen breaking any rules further punishments will occur. By now you should know the rules, if you are unsure there is always the handy !motd command.

/requestinglock